Friday, March 12, 2021

Step 2 in Organizing a LatinX Theater event- Distribution of the ROLES (Part 2)

 Recap: THE STEPS:

1. The text

2. The distribution of the roles

3. Introducing the play to the students

4. Rehearsals

5. Costumes and decors        

6. The night of the event


STEP 2

  1. Since my goal is for every student to have a role and participate in the play, I ask for each to write down on an index card their name and the type of role they would prefer: big, medium or small. Then, I collect the index cards and use them, when I distribute the roles. The index cards system allows me to pick the actors for the main characters. 

  2. If the play has 12-14 characters, while I have 25-26 students in my class, then I assign one role to two students. For instance, if Isabella plays the Fox in the first and second scenes of the play Los pies apestosos, Smith could play that character in scenes 3 and 4. 

  3. I assign some students to be stage crew members.

  4. For the students, who requested minor roles, I assigned them the roles of narrators and/or stage crew members.

  5. Some students get to perform other talents and skills that they have such as singing, gymnastics, juggling, playing guitar, etc.
    13+ Actor Clipart - Preview : Actor Clipart: Ac | HDClipartAll If you like my post, please feel free to subscribe to my blog. You could also support me through my page at Buy Me a Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Teach Languages Remotely During The Covid-19 Pandemic (Digital Resources For The Language Classroom)

 Classroom teaching looks very different after Covid-19. We as educators got trainings in using the digital technologies, from Zoom, Google ...