Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Step 5 in Organizing a LatinX Theater Event- COSTUMES AND DECORS

   Recap: THE STEPS:

1. The text

2. The distribution of the roles

3. Introducing the play to the students

4. Rehearsals

5. Costumes and decors        

6. The night of the event


COSTUMES AND DECORS

  • There are some suggestions of costumes and decors in the books that I have used for the plays;

  • I ask the students to come up with their costumes by sending some description of what the costumes should look like for each character via e-mail to the parents;

  • I have also purchased some animal ears, horns, tails from Amazon.

  • Some of the dresses I use in the plays came from a colleague, who offered me a box with old clothes/theatrical costumes;

  • You could ask the parents to help with the design of the costumes and decors. For instance I had a parent build three 2D windmills for the Don Quixote play. Another student made the bowties for the narrators in one of my plays.


If you like my post, please feel free to subscribe to my blog. You could also support me through my page at Buy Me a Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Teach Languages Remotely During The Covid-19 Pandemic (Digital Resources For The Language Classroom)

 Classroom teaching looks very different after Covid-19. We as educators got trainings in using the digital technologies, from Zoom, Google ...